Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My generac generator stops afer a few seconds (about 15

Customer Question
Hi. My generac generator...

Hi. My generac generator stops afer a few seconds (about 15 seconds) and flashs the "overspeed" LED light on the controls.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It was installed in 2007, never really used other than test runs. It worked fine for a day after hurricane irma. I shut it down in the evening for a couple of hrs, and the problem started when I restarted it. Its a generac 12,5KW... dont have the exact model number with me

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, yes. hard to find an available technician around after this hurricane

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I already checked the battery connects (they are firmly connected), its a brand new battery, oild changed a few days ago. Its connected to the city's natural gas line

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/13/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial number of the genset?