Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My generac generator stops afer a few seconds (about 15

Customer Question

hi. My generac generator stops afer a few seconds (about 15 seconds) and flashs the "overspeed" LED light on the controls.
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it was installed in 2007, never really used other than test runs. It worked fine for a day after hurricane irma. I shut it down in the evening for a couple of hrs, and the problem started when I restarted it. Its a generac 12,5KW... dont have the exact model number with me
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible, yes. hard to find an available technician around after this hurricane
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i already checked the battery connects (they are firmly connected), its a brand new battery, oild changed a few days ago. Its connected to the city's natural gas line
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial number of the genset?