Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I need a briggs castration engine repair manual for a model…

Customer Question
I need a briggs...

I need a briggs castration engine repair manual for a model 47330 - serial # 473301601811 wood chipper. You are my last chance for trying as nothing else has helped.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the chipper? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The closest date that we can find is 1990. We bought it from an estate sale. 47330 briggs

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of just the engine manual that will tell us how to care for the engine.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/12/2017
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 11 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide me with the model and type number from the engine itself so that I can better assist you?

We believe it was made in 1990, Briggs and Stratton, and we think the model # is: 47330 and the serial #: 473301601811. Troy Bilt chipper/shredder. These are the things we have found except that on the owner's manual is printed, models 47329 and 47330.

The information as far as the model and serial number that you are providing is from the frame of the machine not the engine. The engine will have a separate model, type and code number stamped on it. Those will be the numbers that are needed in order to get a manual for the engine.