Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have A Generac generator 4000XL, my cab. is bad and I want…

Customer Question
I have A Generac...

I have A Generac generator 4000XL, my cab. is bad and I want to know if I can convert it to propane with this bad carb. ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you?

I am not confused, just need to know if the conversion to propane is possible with a bad carb

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Generac 4000XL, 20 years old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If possible what propane kit would you use ?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/12/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

As long as the butterfly in the carburetor works, it will work on the propane conversion. there are many conversions, here is site that I have used in the past. link below

To ask a question and not get a aswer and get refered to another site is not worth paying for

I answered the question asked. Yes you can use your carburetor, and you wanted a conversion. I gave you site to get kit. ?? What else did you ask?