Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2005 Honda rancher and have put two carbs on and…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Honda rancher and have put two carbs on and still having the same problem with both carbs cranks ringht up but then gas starts dripping from over flow hose just a small drip.I know both cant have the same problem there must be some other problem is there a adjustment or what other part be bad thanks Bill

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

I have taken the hose loss and gas run out and it cram]nks and run fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Honda?

Rancher 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Order one carb because the old was gummed up after putting new on it would leak I got another one and its leaks to

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I just don't know what to do next

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/13/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

When you replaced the carburetors , did you install new fuel lines? I have found the old lines start flaking off small thread looking material, from the ethanol in the fuel and it gets in the needle valves of the carburetors, and lets the needle valve not seat! To repair, new fuel lines, new fuel filter, and clean the new carbs needle valve passage. The leak is the needle valve not seating, nothing else will cause it.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?