Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Leaking gas, unit has been sitting for 9+ months and when we…

Customer Question
Leaking gas Mechanic's Assistant:...

Leaking gas

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Unit has been sitting for 9+ months and when we started 2-weeks ago leaking gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Put in new fuel and happens when we open value

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure hope so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/12/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Where is leak? At carburetor? The needle valve and float are not shutting off the fuel. The carburetor float bowl needs to be removed and the float and needle valve cleaned and freed up.