Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How to change a starter motor on a 782d cub cadet, just

Customer Question
How to change a...

How to change a starter motor on a 782d cub cadet

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Looks to me like the hole engine has to come out , wondered if I was missing something

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/12/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

This is Kubota diesel engine? Starter is just held on with two mounting bots. Unhook the negative battery cable, at battery, and make a diagram of the wires on the starter, remove the wiring, remove the two mounting bolts. See link below.