Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Selinoid pin does not move at all. It has been cleaned of…

Customer Question
Hi, selinoid pin does...

Hi, selinoid pin does not move at all. It has been cleaned of gunk but wonder if it needs a night soaking- thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Today

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just not sure of stuck pin

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/12/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
You can try it but most likely it will need to be replaced. It is moved while on machine by electric current.
You can cut it off with side cutters and install an inline fuel shut off valve for the cheapest repair as a new one can be pricey.
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this