Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 22kw generator showing a 1505 error code what is…

Customer Question
I have a 22kw...

I have a 22kw generator showing a 1505 error code what is this it runs off gas

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a 22kw generac about a year old , it is rts 200 with automatic switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has only been used as a test it has not been used consistently

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/12/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

You didn't give a model or serial number, so I am going to assume this is an air cooled unit with an Evolution controller.

If so, error 1505 is RPM sense lost. It means that the controller is not able to sense how fast the genset is running.

If this unit is only a year old, your best option is to contact a certified Generac repair facility to have this repaired under warranty.

If you decide to try and work on this yourself, you will void your warranty, and will be responsible for the cost of any parts needed.

Was this what you wanted to know?