Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Looking for a replacement muffler for my Onan back up

Customer Question
Looking for a replacement...

Looking for a replacement muffler for my Onan back up generator

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Can't find it. I can show you a picture of it if i can email it to you , The building was built in 1952

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on if the part is available. My plumber will be fitting the muffler to the pipe. if I can get the right one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Generator is green - natural gas fuel about 24" x 18"

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/12/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

That is an old CCK standby unit. I can not tell you the exact model number, as there were many, many variations of it.

Without the data plate, you are not going to find the actual model number, but if you sat down with a parts manual, and spent several hours comparing what your unit has or doesn't have, you could get very close.

There were actually a couple of different mufflers used on these units. One is no longer available, but one it.

The part number for that muffler is(###) ###-#### The gaskets are part number(###) ###-####

All can be ordered through any Onan dealer.

I've added a little bit of information for you here, for that big, beautiful unit you have.

Click here for some.

Click here for the other.

Was this what you wanted to know?

Hello, was this what you wanted to know?