Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Our propane generator was working fine and all of sudden the…

Customer Question
Our propane generator was...

Our propane generator was working fine and all of sudden the house power died

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Generac 16w

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not unless it is a matter of putting on a switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Propane tank is ok

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/12/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

First, check the circuit breakers in your breaker panel.

Next, check the circuit breakers on the genset itself.

Next, check the transfer switch to see if it has flipped over to utility for some reason.

If it is none of those, I will need the model and serial number of the genset, as well as which type of transfer switch you have.