Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Generator is at 50 percent and has power but will not

Customer Question

Generator is at 50 percent and has power but will not transfer to the house
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Generac 10 yrs - whole house Was working 18 hrs - shut off said high gear now says " no utility " power to generator is running
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Just had hurricane here - generac guardian 16000 kw "Can't detect utility"
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do we let generator know house gas no power says no utility sense
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

I noticed no one else has helped you, so I am going to do my best.
I’m really sorry you had to wait so long for a reply. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I work 2 day jobs, and normally help on Just Answer in the evenings. I was at work all day.
Although I can’t be online 24/7, I am on almost every single day -often only getting 3 or 4 hours sleep, due to me spending so much time trying to help others.

If at any point, you feel you can’t work around this schedule, please just let me know, instead of leaving me negative feedback, and I will opt out. But I do have to consider my full time job.

What are the model and serial number of the genset?