Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Troy bilt 7000 watt generator and I least gasoline…

Customer Question
I have a Troy...

I have a Troy bilt 7000 watt generator and I least gasoline in it too long and now it will not start . I think the car is dirty. I can get it to start with engine starter spray but will not keep running

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I have done that

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do I need to drain the old fuel from the tank?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/11/2017
Technician: TECHPRO49, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Small Engine Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your small engine questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so you would want do drain the fuel and clean the carb, if you have carb spray you can use that in the carb jet and hold it up to the light to make sure the pathway is clear

Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 11 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you if you still need help with this.

Can you reply back to me so that I know that you are still needing assistance.