Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Troy bilt 7000 watt generator and I least gasoline

Customer Question

I have a Troy bilt 7000 watt generator and I least gasoline in it too long and now it will not start . I think the car is dirty. I can get it to start with engine starter spray but will not keep running
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I have done that
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do I need to drain the old fuel from the tank?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your small engine questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

so you would want do drain the fuel and clean the carb, if you have carb spray you can use that in the carb jet and hold it up to the light to make sure the pathway is clear

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 30 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you if you still need help with this.

Can you reply back to me so that I know that you are still needing assistance.