Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My centurion generator was running for 15 min and then died.

Customer Question
My centurion generator was...

My centurion generator was running for 15 min and then died. New battery, changed oil, new gas, but won't crank. Suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2004 centurion 12500 watt model 004986

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes in Florida after hurricane Irma, limited resources

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Was running fridge AC and some lights when engine started to rev fast and then stopped. I have disconnected battery. Cleaned terminals,

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Reconnected battery, still won't crank. Pressed all resets and turned circuit breaker off and on
9/12/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

It sounds like you have blown the 10A control fuse.

Have you checked it?