JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

My x500 after running and mowing for appro. 40 to 50

Customer Question

my x500 after running and mowing for appro. 40 to 50 minutes, wants too shut off, it putts, putts. have 488 hours on mower, this has been a problem for 1 year and half. in too john deere dealer 3 times. say they cannot duplicate problem. but problem persists when mowing grass. i can be reached at(###) ###-#### ron johnson. please help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thanks
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: know
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

This sounds like you have an ignition coil problem. After running under a load and getting hot the ignition coil is not firing properly which is causing poor performance. They may have trouble duplicating the problem unless they actually take it out and mow with it for the amount of time that you are before the problem starts. Most likely they are just test running the machine without mowing or loading it any at all. The first thing that I would do is check the spark when the problem actually occurs.

Thank you for choosing to use our services.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.