Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Cub Cadet LTX1046 riding mower...it won't start…

Customer Question
I have a Cub...

I have a Cub Cadet LTX1046 riding mower...it won't start without a jump--I have replaced the battery--what next?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I have fuel in the tank--fuel should be clean--how can I tell?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping to do it myself and save the $400 or so

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am a novice--there isn't really any reason it doesn't work--only 41.5 hours

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/11/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
How are you jumping machine?
okay
you?
Are you jumping the solenoid or jumper cables to the battery
The battery. --Should I try the solenoid?
If you are able to jump the battery in it start that leads me to believe it is a battery issue but you stated you had a brand new battery. Check current voltage of the battery with a voltmeter. Also check the ground wire and make sure it is tightened down good and on bare metal
Okay. I will check when I get home later this week. Had some time to kill in the airport. Will let you know how that goes.
No problem. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this