Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Portable generator will not shut off after fuel is cut off,

Customer Question
Portable generator will not...

Portable generator will not shut off after fuel is cut off

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

030478 troy-bilt four or five years old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Son-in-law

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Puppy chewed wiring into. Son-in-law rewired Starts fine but will not shut down after gas is cut off

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/11/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
If it is not shutting off after the fuel is shut off, the fuel shut off is not working and needs to be replaced.
By it staying running, it has to still be getting fuel, so replace fuel shut off and problem should be solved. Or you can add an inline fuel shut off to fix this issue quicker