Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Spark plug is new. Getting plenty of fire. Getting good new

Customer Question

Spark plug is new. Getting plenty of fire. Getting good new gas and good gas flow. Tries to crank but won't.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Emergency for storm to start generator for ill family member. Tried yesterday to crank...not successful...but not sure how long it has been since we tried to crank it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We have a new battery, new spark plug, new gas, tank has been flushed, getting fire, turns over, but won't crank.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Remove the spark plug, and with it grounded, see it it has spark, if it does, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install spark plug and see if it starts.