Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Deere riding mower L108 is spitting oil out the exhaust

Customer Question

My John Deere riding mower L108 is spitting oil out the exhaust and smoking bad. Also oil spiting out of dip stick. Valve problem?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Sounds good.
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Done nothing except that I changed oil and filter last week. That's when it started smoking.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Is oil level over full or thinned by gas in the oil? Fuel mixed with the oil is the most common reason oil blows out exhaust and breather.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still waiting for some help.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Scroll up to see my earlier response!