Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Cant start Generac 7550 exl, clean fuel, gas control open,

Customer Question

Cant start Generac 7550 exl
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: clean fuel, gas control open
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Sorry, meaning?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Remove the spark plug or plugs, and with plug grounded. see if you have spark when cranking. If no spark, check your kill wire circuit. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if engine will start. If it starts and dies, no fuel is getting t the cylinder from the carburetor.