Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Cant start Generac 7550 exl, clean fuel, gas control open,

Customer Question
Cant start Generac 7550...

Cant start Generac 7550 exl

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Clean fuel, gas control open

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry, meaning?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/11/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the spark plug or plugs, and with plug grounded. see if you have spark when cranking. If no spark, check your kill wire circuit. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if engine will start. If it starts and dies, no fuel is getting t the cylinder from the carburetor.