Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a model A21A42 and am trying to level the mower

Customer Question
I have a model...

I have a model A21A42 and am trying to level the mower deck.. I can't locate the adjustment nut. The manual diagram shows it on the left rear in front of rear tire.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model A21A42 about 10 years old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/11/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
What is the model and serial number of this machine.
Model number provided doesn't pull anything up to reference by
Model 93606000 / A175G42 SN 012513D030168
No Thank you. Typing is fine
Are you sending me instructions?
Follow the link
https://www.partstree.com/parts/ariens/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/936060-ariens-42-lawn-garden-tractor-b-s-gear-sn-000002-000002/mower-lift/You have 2 nuts on bottom of the hangers that you tighten to raise the deck and loosen to lower the deck
where are they located?
One is on each side of the machine.
Copy and paste the link to your browser that I sent