Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Diesel generator will not start,it will not turn over and

Customer Question

Diesel generator will not start,it will not turn over and does not click when started. The battery is good. This is a home generator
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Follow the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid, and jump from the cable terminal, to the single switch terminal. Engine should spin, if battery cables solenoid and starter are good. If not, what is the battery voltage? What is voltage at the starter solenoid end of cable?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My husband did that and he said it is the starter. The generator is in a different location then the house. We are in loxahatchee fla so we are in the middle of a hurricane, that is what took me so long to get back to you.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** We are in Texas!