Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a14resal generator and the 12 volt standby battery is…

Customer Question
Hi I have a14resal...

Hi I have a14resal generator and the 12 volt standby battery is no,t being charged by the units on board charger

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Koehler 14resal

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This unit was fine 2 weeks ago but then it stoped exercising weekly I took a look and the battery was stone dead

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/10/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The on board charger has to get voltage from the house wiring. Do you have 120 volts to the charger? If you do, does the charger have any DC output? If not ,charger has failed.

No output from charger.idid check there is 125 volts ac to unit I think the on board charger is bad

Yes, so you will need a new charger to keep battery up.