Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a14resal generator and the 12 volt standby battery is

Customer Question

Hi I have a14resal generator and the 12 volt standby battery is no,t being charged by the units on board charger
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Koehler 14resal
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This unit was fine 2 weeks ago but then it stoped exercising weekly I took a look and the battery was stone dead
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

The on board charger has to get voltage from the house wiring. Do you have 120 volts to the charger? If you do, does the charger have any DC output? If not ,charger has failed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No output from charger.idid check there is 125 volts ac to unit I think the on board charger is bad
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Yes, so you will need a new charger to keep battery up.