Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SWITCH FROM 110 V TO 220 V EXTERNAL

Customer Question
NEED TO KNOW HOW...

NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SWITCH FROM 110 V TO 220 V EXTERNAL POWER

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

JUST STARTED

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

YES GENERATOR RUNS PUT ONLY PUTS OUT 110 VOLTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes IF THERE A SWITCH to get both 110 v phase

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No we get 110 v but need to get 220

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/10/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

Some gensets have a switch on the front to switch from 120 to 240 - make sure the switch is in the correct position.

Also, if using a connecting cord, it must be plugged in to the 240 volt receptacle - not a 120 volt receptacle.

Also make sure the breakers on the control panel are not tripped.

And this is assuming that you have a 240 volt genset to begin with.

switch is in the right position 220 , turn breaker on and off, the 110v lights are working ac fan is working in attic
I dont need a call, I need an answer Please

What are the brand and model of the genset?

Exactly how is it connected to the house, and where?

Generac power system 17 KW

That is not a model number.

For a Generac system, I will need both the actual model number and serial number.

I will also need to know which type transfer switch you have.