Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

42" (107 cm) TimeCutter® SS4225. Tractor will not start and

Customer Question

42" (107 cm) TimeCutter® SS4225. Tractor will not start and a buzzing sound is coming from the engine
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: clean new fuel
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's not too complicated
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: tractor was going and I stopped it to pull out some weeds. Got back on and would not start and steady continuous buzzing sound coming from engine. Mower is two years old
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Buzzing sound is coming from unit next to solenoid. It is still making a buzzing sound and vibrating. Should I disconnect the battery?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Buzzing with key off? Undo do the battery!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Or it it a rapid clicking at solenoid when key is turned to start? If that is it, then battery is dead or cables are dirty, not enough voltage to the solenoid.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is a unit covered with a black cover right next to solenoid that is vibrating and making a buzzing sound.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see nothing there on the model I picked. See link below. Is it a plug in relay, and it is with key OFF>