Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Im trying to start my cadet snow blower to be ready for the…

Customer Question
Hi Im trying to...

Hi Im trying to start my cadet snow blower to be ready for the winter. new last and used a couple of times. stores with treated gas. will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

It is full. there is fuel from last year in the tank. Shut off valve?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I put an addictive in the fuel when I stored the Cadet last year.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/10/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove spark plug and with ti grounded, see i f you have spark when cranking. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start. If it starts and dies, check the carburetor float, it may b stuck.