Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a powermate 8750 with a 13 hp Honda engine. it has

Customer Question

I have a coleman powermate 8750 with a 13 hp Honda engine . it has new gas, new oil, new sparkplug, but still will not start
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: this is a generator that hasn't been used in 2 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: we are in the path of the hurricane and no one is available
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's all I know. I have read the owners manual for trouble shooting
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Remove the spark plug and with ti grounded to the metal of the engine, crank and watch for spark at the plug. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install spark plug and see if engine will start for a few seconds. If it does, the fule is not getting through the carburetor. Do you have fuel to the carburetor?