Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a powermate 8750 with a 13 hp Honda engine. it has…

Customer Question
I have a coleman...

I have a coleman powermate 8750 with a 13 hp Honda engine . it has new gas, new oil, new sparkplug, but still will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

This is a generator that hasn't been used in 2 years

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We are in the path of the hurricane and no one is available

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I know. I have read the owners manual for trouble shooting

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/10/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the spark plug and with ti grounded to the metal of the engine, crank and watch for spark at the plug. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install spark plug and see if engine will start for a few seconds. If it does, the fule is not getting through the carburetor. Do you have fuel to the carburetor?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician