Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 6250 generator brand new never been used I have no

Customer Question

I have a coleman 6250 generator brand new never been used I have no spark and yes old is full
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is 6 years old never been used never had gas in it no spark
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: and yes ols is full
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have I'm in florida
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I pull the brown wire off the switch and I still get the low oil pressure light
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a coleman 6250 generator brand new never been used I have no spark and yes oil is full
and I pull the brown wire off the switch and I still get the low oil pressure light
I need to get this fix tonight I'm in florida and we are about to have a hurricane
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Locate the kill wire going to the ignition coil, next to the flywheel, and remove the kill wire, then check for spark. If it has spark, the kill circuit is killing spark. But engine should now run with kill wire removed.