Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a EU 7000FI Honda generator and it will not start.

Customer Question
When you try and start...
I have a EU 7000FI Honda generator and it will not start. When you try and start it, it acts like it will start but then just dies out and the oil light blinks. The oil level is good. A code E-06 shows on the display while the oil light is blinking. The generator has 29 hours on it and has sat without any run time for about a year or so. What could the problem be?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/10/2017
Technician: timoto, Technician replied 11 months ago
timoto
timoto, Technician

Try this: Remove the shroud on the engine to the left of the oil dipstick. Disconnect the yellow wire to the oil level switch. Start the engine. Does the generator continue to run and the oil level warning light remain off?

Any news regarding this problem?