Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2003 f25 Yamaha that is driving me crazy! The thing…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2003 f25 Yamaha that is driving me crazy! The thing starts great and sometimes runs good, but yesterday I was using it and it was doing fine, then it started to bog down and died. It started back up and would only run at a very slow pace (just in gear speed). It has been in the shop and the machanic said then it had water in the fuel system. He replaced the tank, fuel filter, and plugs. It ran good for a day, then started again. It since has had the carburetor rebuilt and still no help. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can the automatic choke cause this? Fuel pump!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/9/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

If the fuel pump is electric, it can cause this. If it is a pulse pump, not as likley.

What else do you have for new?

Is the fuel pump electric? Are you getting fuel to the carburetor from the pump?

I think this is a scam sight. Please refund my money.
No it's not. Carb getting fuel