Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Engine change from kohler 26 hp to &s 23 hp on a

Customer Question

engine change from kohler 26 hp to b&s 23 hp on a craftsman###-##-####JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: dont know it has 262 hours on it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what wiring do i have to change
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Did you Kohler have a solenoid shift starter or was the solenoid mounted to the frame of the mower?

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 month ago.

Forget that I asked the previous question. I was able to determine what you had from the model number that was provided.

So the big thing that you will have to do is wire the ground wire from the tractor to the ignition system, wire the fuel solenoid so that it has voltage going to it when you turn the ignition key from off the on/run position, wire the charging system back up so that you keep the battery charged when the engine is running.

If you can attach pictures of both the frame side wiring connector and the engine side wiring connector that you currently have on the machine I will help you to get this wired correctly.