Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an old Kohler Pro / 26 hp V- twin Craftsmen spec no.

Customer Question

I have an old Kohler Pro / 26 hp V- twin Craftsmen spec no. PS-135-0016. serial no.(###) ###-#### The blade stop turning after I pull the knob. I only hear a clicking sound. What is the problem?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The problem started two weeks ago
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: The engine starts with fuel in the tank, shut off valve closed but can't engage blades.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Problem not resolved. I don't know the probable cause of the blade not turning
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

If the electric clutch is clicking, it likley is working, and the belt that drives the blades is off a pulley or broken. What is the sears model number from under the seat? You gave engine numbers, which does not identify the mower setup.