Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an old Kohler Pro / 26 hp V- twin Craftsmen spec no.

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Kohler Pro / 26 hp V- twin Craftsmen spec no. PS-135-0016. serial no.(###) ###-#### The blade stop turning after I pull the knob. I only hear a clicking sound. What is the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The problem started two weeks ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

The engine starts with fuel in the tank, shut off valve closed but can't engage blades.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Problem not resolved. I don't know the probable cause of the blade not turning

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/9/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

If the electric clutch is clicking, it likley is working, and the belt that drives the blades is off a pulley or broken. What is the sears model number from under the seat? You gave engine numbers, which does not identify the mower setup.