JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have series 936, 14 horse, 40 inch mower. it has become

Customer Question

I have series 936, 14 horse, 40 inch mower. it has become very erratic in going forward or backward. I have adjusted the "neutral adjustment bolt with little success. Any idea what may be the problem. Thanks, Ben
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: did you get my first message?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes up to a point.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Pearl: I am sorry. I will start over, because you did not get my first message. I have an Ariens 936 series, 14 horse B&S, 40" mower. It has become very erratic to move forward or backword. I have adjusted the neutral adjustment bolt with little success. Any idea, Thanks, Ben
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.
Sounds like you have a drive belt that needs to be replaced
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Outstanding!!!, Thanks, Ben
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this. I strive for a 5 star rating