Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Scots deere v engine riding mower will start but goes dead

Customer Question

Scots john deere v engine riding mower will start but goes dead when I let off the brake and press the forward or reverse. Can you help?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: that's terrific. Help is so appreciated.
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to fix it myself if possible. I really haven't done anything but talk to guy at home depot. I thought i might need a new spark plug but i didn't know what size plug then i find i have 2 plugs. Just not sure. My hubby says it is not the plugs or it wouldn't start. He is sick w/ stage 4 cancer and not able to help me.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i did check the filter and it is clean.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how much longer?
i have work that has to be done today before the storm gets here.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nevermind. Please re fund my money as quickly as you charged it. I thought this would be quick. not the case. Please cancel immediately and refund money.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

You have a safety switch that is not completing the run circuit. Can be the seat switch or brake switch, or the pto switch. Mower thinks there is no operator.