JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Power washer e/w honda gc190, 6hp motor. Ran well yesterday.

Customer Question

Power washer e/w honda gc190, 6hp motor. Ran well yesterday. Today won't start. Pull the start cord and it jerks back hard enough to pull the cord out of my hand and gave me a nice bruise on my leg. Pulled the spark plug and then it pulls freely with no recoil. Replace the plug and again it recoils out of my hand. Fresh gas and oil ok.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Fresh fuel, no shut off valve
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

sounds like the valves are out of adjustment of the flywheel key is sheared. I would check the flywheel key as this is normally the culprit.

when you removed the plug and pulled cord, did fuel come out of the plug hole? make sure to pull it about 10 times with the plug out