JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

We are having gas getting in the oil and the engine is

Customer Question

We are having gas getting in the oil and the engine is surging on our John Deere 54" riding lawn mower. It is only 2 years old and the warranty just ran out so we next to fix on our own. Can you help us determine the cause and what we need to do to fix it?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Let me check real quick. I know we bought it 2 years ago this month and it has approximately 150 hours on it. We live on a farm and have many acres to mow. I will be right back with you with the make and model.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, my husband is planning on doing the repairs himself. He had a similar problem with his John Deere Tractor and I believe it ended up being the fuel pump, which he changed himself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I believe that is all. He is checking the make and model right now. Can you give me about 2 minutes to get that info. Please!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

I​f fuel is getting into the oil, the carb is not sealing off and the needle and seat will need to be replaced in the carb to repair this issue

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR