JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a 6up/3750 generator has been sitting for 12yrs, no

Customer Question

I have a 6up/3750 coleman generator has been sitting for 12yrs, no oil or fuel. Put oil&fuel will not start.. changed plug still no start. it is getting fuel,any ideas
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the generator has been kept in a dry place and covered
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Try spraying carb cleaner or starting fluid into the carb intake to see if it will start briefly.

If you can spray fuel into the carb and/or cylinder and it will run briefly, you have a carb issue or fuel line. You will need to remove the carb and clean it internally. The cause is a clogged jet, and it is not able to pull its own fuel to continue running. once carb is clean and free of debris in the jet(s), it should operate as normal