Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am in FL and trying to get my g15KW Generac running. It…

Customer Question
Hello, I am in...

Hello, I am in FL and trying to get my g15KW Generac running. It cranks for a few seconds, then shuts down with a overcrank fault. I"ve charged the battery to be sure it gets strong crank. I'm looking to reset the controller next. Any ideas what can cause this?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Generac,(###) ###-####is the model #. It came with a foreclosed house I bought about 2 years ago. I believe it is approx. 11 years old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have no choice at this point, Irma is coming and I don't have time for a tech call unless they could come tomorrow.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No but I can answer questions the technician may have.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/9/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
If you have a can of carb cleaner or starting fluid see if you can keep the machine running by spraying the fluid into the carburetor intake.
Let me know if this allows the machine to run longer or not
Sorry I forgot to mention, this is run on propane.
Ah okay.
I will have to opt out and see if another expert can help you as I am not propane certified.
Good luck hopefully they can get you.
Be safe down there
Thanks Jon.
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial number of the genset?

Unfortunately I don't have that information on hand and the hurricane is upon us so I can't get it right now. I'll respond in a couple of days after the storm. Thank you for responding to me

Ok.

I will be available when you are ready.

STay safe.

Did you get the serial number yet?