Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I installed a new carb on my old Briggs and Stratton

Customer Question

I installed a new carb on my old Briggs and Stratton generator and cannot get it to function properly it wants to run all out and I have to manually pull the throttle back.
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its a contractor from Home Depot that I purchace in the early 90's
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I m trying to beat Hurricane Erma so yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It start good . Runs good but won't run up to speed, instead it wants to run flat out. The new carb was modified to fit any number of motors. I had to modify it to fit mine.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your small engine questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

so it just sounds like you have a governor issue, on your model how does the governor linkages hook up? can you send pics of this?