Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I tried starting my troy bilt 5550 generator after cleaning…

Customer Question
I tried starting my...

I tried starting my troy bilt 5550 generator after cleaning the carburator and she will not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

The fuel is clean but to be honest its been a while so I am not sure if I have the valve open or closed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/8/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 9 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

can you spray with starting fluid and start machine briefly?

Havent tried that but I will

let me know and we can troubleshoot from there

Tried that and pulled the spark plug. She has no fire

okay, so you can try a few things. you can remove the kill wire from the coil and see if machine will start. if so, you will have to pull plug wire to kill engine. you can remove the coil and try cleaning it and re gapping it, or purchase a new coil and install