Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a deere gator that after 30 minutes of operation will

Customer Question

I have a john deere gator that after 30 minutes of operation will not change gears and sometimes jumps unto gear from neutral. Dealer says nothing wrong and replaced cable but still does not operate.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: it is an xuv but not certain model. john deere dealer has it right now and want to meet with them this afternoon
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just trying to get story straight before meeting, I believe the transmission needs to be repaired.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Model of Gator? Sounds like the detent is not holding transmission in gear. If you remove cable from shift lever at transmission, do you feel it snap into place when shifted?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open.???