Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My generac 5550 generator will not start. yes. good fuel.

Customer Question

my generac 5550 generator will not start.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes. good fuel. shut off valve is open and air vent on the gas tank is open
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: have to. getting ready for hurricane Irma. I live in tampa
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: has been In storage mode for over 12 months. started it in May and ran it for 30 minutes before putting back in storage mode If I go back and forth between run and start several time it starts to turn over but nothing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

What is battery voltage? Is engine turning fast enough to start? Battery voltage may be too low to start! Needs to be at least 12.5 volts, and not drop below 8 when cranking.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not turning over when pulled
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Battery good?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open.???