Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Troy lawn mower model 13wn77ks011 won't start. It's got an…

Customer Question
Troy lawn mower model...

Troy lawn mower model 13wn77ks011 won't start. It's got an electric starter and it does nothing, not a sound. I have checked the fuse, battery plus connections. Also, went through all the safety features like the brake, throttle controls. I've had this one about three years and never had any issue with it. The gas and oil are new, within 30 days old. I'm stumped as to why I cant even get a sound out of it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Gas is full

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I kep this mower inside a building so it not exposed to weather and it has only been used on a half acre lot so it not been stressed. I just cant figure out why Im not getting any sound from starter, moter. I think it must be a electrical safety issue but I pulled fuse and it's good

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Ok Im I going to get help?
how does payment work if I do not get a solution to this problem?
9/8/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Do you get click from the fuel solenoid at carburetor if you flip key on and off? If not, use a voltmeter to see that you have power past the fuse, to the keyswitch.

Make and model?