Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Mower deck Question re; Connection btween pully and spindle

Customer Question

Mower deck Question re; Connection btween pully and spindle supposed to be free or fixed? Im reassembling my 42' mower deck for Toro Time cutter and find that the belt pulley connection to the spindle ( part 12 connect to part 19) i turns freely. Is that correct?
JA: The Small Engine Technicians require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Time cutter 4235 aprox 4yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Pulley that drives spindle has to be fixed! Should have a key in pulley to match shaft. Let me see if I can find a parts list that shows your numbers.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Pulleu has to be fixed! Splined or key.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open.????