Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Second opinion] My turf tiger PTO just stopped working, It…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My Scag...

Second opinion] My Scag turf tiger PTO just stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It was working fine this morning, I shut the PTO off, then when pulled it out to start it, it didn't do anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Why are you asking that question? The engine runs fine

Mechanic's Assistant: I'm just trying to get information to help you. Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

With Turf Tiger, all you have is the pto switch and the electric clutch on the engine. Do you have battery voltage to the pto switch? Does it send power to the pto cuch harness? Test by turning on key, and pulling up pto switch, and use voltmeter to test the wire harness at clutch. If it has battery voltage to the clutch, the clutch needs to be checked. It has failed or has bad connection.

I see question is still open.???