JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

My turf tiger PTO just stopped working, It was working fine

Customer Question

My Scag turf tiger PTO just stopped working
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It was working fine this morning, I shut the PTO off, then when pulled it out to start it, it didn't do anything
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Why are you asking that question? The engine runs fine
JA: I'm just trying to get information to help you. Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

do you have a volt meter to test voltage at the PTO?

With pto engaged, you will want to see if you have power to the wires leading to the clutch. if not, the switch will be the issue. if so, the clutch is the issue. Check all wires leading to clutch to make sure no bare spots of broken wires

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR