Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My turf tiger PTO just stopped working, It was working fine…

Customer Question
My Scag turf tiger...

My Scag turf tiger PTO just stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It was working fine this morning, I shut the PTO off, then when pulled it out to start it, it didn't do anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Why are you asking that question? The engine runs fine

Mechanic's Assistant: I'm just trying to get information to help you. Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/8/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

do you have a volt meter to test voltage at the PTO?

With pto engaged, you will want to see if you have power to the wires leading to the clutch. if not, the switch will be the issue. if so, the clutch is the issue. Check all wires leading to clutch to make sure no bare spots of broken wires

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR