Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My deck won't go all the way down,whatmight be the problem?

Customer Question
My deck won't go...

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just started I raised the deck to clean it and when I went to put it doem it wouldn't go all the way down

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I ran the mower for two hours before this happend.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I cne find the problem yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

After my deck wouldn't go down it won't move for but it will back up but I can't stir it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/8/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Make and model? Is deck hung on the wheels, keeping steering from working?