Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Hope you are well. I am trying to fix my portable craftsman…

Customer Question
Hello, hope you are...

Hello, hope you are well. I am trying to fix my portable craftsman generator with a briggs and stratton engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

10-11 yrs old###-##-####model

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, i am in florida.and there are a lot of others who need their generators repaired s

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The plate pawl ratchett is causing the pawl ratchett to catch when pulling flywheel

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/8/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model, type and spec numbers of the engine itself?

I'm a bit confused as to the problem you are having. Could you please explain in more detail?

The pawls are supposed to catch when trying to start the engine.