Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Having same problem with 15000 centurion generator as person…

Customer Question
Having same problem with...

Having same problem with 15000 centurion generator as person 4 years ago, disconnect ground wire and it will run but will not shut off with the rocker switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Generac 15000 Centurian ultra source don't know

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am doing the work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Been looking at an answer 4 years ago which looks like the same problem. Just don't know what he did to fix it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/7/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

RUN A NEW GROUND WIRE TO THE IGNITION COIL TO THE SWITCH AND SEE IF THIS WORKS. NORMALLY THIS ISSUE IS CAUSED BY A FAULTY WIRE OR THE IGNITION COIL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

I am told I need a new harness with new diodes is this the case
engine will run but will not shut off with ground disconnected so coils are functioning properly
No you will not. You should be able to run a single new wire
Ok Will try
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and I strive for a five star rating.
The ground wire to the coils (Plural) this is a 15000 watt generator, look perfectly fine the stud that goes through the housing goes to a wire which goes to a relay. The ground wires are working as they should when grounded they stop the engine. when wire to relay on stud #18 shuts the engine off when hooked up. The wire does not go to the switch as instructed?????????

Do you have any other wires on stud 18?

Only the ground which runs to the relay next to the control board. Appears to be a control board issue or possibly a relay. The hurricane is getting close now will not be able to repair in time.