JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a Freedom Z that will does not even click when I

Customer Question

I have a SCAG Freedom Z that will does not even click when I attempt to start it. The battery is good based on the voltage, but it does not do anything when I turn the key. I used it last night with no issues. I'm guessing it is something with safety switch/relay. I have disconnected the seat relay and reconnected it.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes. The fuel was added last night.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It is the ideal scenario.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I cannot think of anything else.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Check the fuse first, then Try jumping the solenoid if fuse is good. Follow the reD wire from the battery to the starter solenoid. try jumping the solenoid by placing a screw driver on both poles together and see if machine will turn over. Make sure to engage parking brake and have key turned on. If it turns over, the solenoid is bad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. I did this and it turned over. I then replaced the solenoid and it was the same issue.... Thoughts?
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.
Check to make sure all connections of positive and negative wires are good and tight. What is the voltage on the small wires of the solenoid when key is turned?