Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a cub cadet 4125 4 cycle trimmer. It has been sitting…

Customer Question
I have a cub...

I have a cub cadet 4125 4 cycle trimmer. It has been sitting for over a year and I rebuilt the carb. it idles great but starts to sputter and will die if I keep the throttle on high

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I cleaned out the fuel tank and filled with new fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/7/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 11 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

If you did not disassemble the carb and boil out in a pot of hot water

it is not clean, you have a plugged Jet

I suggest to do this, or replace the carb

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time